Thursday, February 09, 2012

School Photo

I am continually impressed by the standard of photography displayed by dog bloggers (see Bouncing Bertie and George the Lad & Tess).  My attempts to capture the cuteness of Horatio are always foiled by the wee man himself, who can't sit still long enough.  Hence the preponderance of sleeping Horatio photos on this blog.   I was most chuffed with myself this weekend just past when I managed to capture this beauty of HHH.  It puts me in mind of old official school photos.  The only thing missing is the school tie (oh, and a neutral background, not the chaos of our kitchen).


We are off to the Lakes this weekend for half term holidays.  HHH will get to meet up with his cousins Tilly and Sophie.  I can't wait for the wintry walks up hills and round lakes, visits to cafes and country pubs, not to mention long evenings round the kitchen table, wine glass in hand, chatting with family.  I would promise lots of photos on my return but not sure Horatio will oblige.  Any tips on taking the perfect pooch picture?

5 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Oh beautiful, beautiful photo Horatio. You will have a simply splendid time in the Lakes. I am so envious!
Toodle pip!
Bertie.
PS from Gail - I feel honoured that my photos of Bertie photos are mentioned in the same sentence as the indisputably far superior ones taken by George and Tess's owner. My tip is very simple - patience, repetition and walks with no other human company. All my best photos of Bertie are taken when I am out on my own with him, as I don't then feel embarrassed about my obsession with trying to get the perfect photo of the wee man!

George The Lad said...

Lovely photo of Horatio, I'm blushing thanks for the comment.
I love Gails photos of Bertie, he's getting to be a poser.

I own up I take loads, and they are taken with a SLR so it takes photos faster than a point and shoot.
If you are using a point and shoot put the setting onto sports as dogs just don't stay still!! one thing Horatio might not like looking at the camera when its up to your face, so he won't look at you. George is very good as he know that sitting and looking at the camera not me gets him a treat, Tess is harder to take photos. She not learnt that yet.
Have a lovely weekend, looks like it might snow!! be back to see your photos
Jan x
George and Tess send there love to you and a hug to Horatio

haopee said...

Take care on your trip.

I am with you on this one. I also have a hard time taking pictures of them staying still. I don't exactly have the best camera so I sometimes need to photoshop it to get something worth posting.

LOL.

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Climbingmandy said...

thanks for all the tips. Will post some pics from the lakes later. I flatter myself in thinking I'm improving with the photography.

Asta said...

Hello sweet howatio
That is a lovely school photo of you. I hope you have a gweat time meeting up wif youw pals
smoochie kisses
ASTA