I was determined to approach the new year and dullest month ever with new resolve and positive outlook. Things needed rationalising in the house. Work required a more positive and can-do attitude. Running... ran out of my life in December and had to make a reappearance soon..
Then the reality of January hit. Boy, what a dreary and tough month is January. Even the sun can't be bothered to get out of bed. No matter what mind games I play on myself, it's still a slog to crawl out from under the duvet in the morning.
Right, enough whinging. It's 30 January. We have survived. Let's focus on the positives:
- we have a new Nespresso machine - this greatly facilitates early mornings. I can especially recommend the fortissio lungo
- the weather has been rather kind of late (ignoring the hurricanes) and I've been able to cycle into work most days
- our wood burning stove is going strong and Horatio loves it (yes, he's using a log as a pillow)
- my running is coming back (did a 14 miler on Saturday and then raced the Borders Cross Country on Sunday down in Berwick)
(thanks Peter for the photo)
- The day after tomorrow is February and the sun will rise at 08.09
- We go on holiday to the Lakes in 12 days time and we're staying in Steam Train Cottage
- My twin sis comes to visit on 23 February!