Sunday, June 19, 2011

Not always cute

This week didn't start off too hot for Horatio. His dog walkers seemed to think he was settling into the routine. I, however, have a different experience of the week. Chaos ruled in the house on Monday when the old table cloth trick didn't quite work for him.
Then he decided that biting was the best way of communicating with me and Scott. Walks have disintegrated into barking / biting games which saw Horatio tied up to a post for five minutes to calm down... I can't tell you how embarassing it is to be seen out walking for an evening with an apparently rabid dog.
I'm convinced he has been possessed by some evil spirit, which is apparent in this evil-looking photo of him. Look at the eyes!
Despite all this naughty behaviour I took him to the Lakes yesterday as my mum and brother are on holiday there this week with the dogs - Sophie, the cairn terrier and Tilly the mad spaniel. I was certain Tilly (1 1/2 year old) would be good companionship / a welcome distraction for H and give him a run for his money. However he proved me wrong again and took a strong liking to Stately Sophie who's 12 and not into playing. Thankfully Sophie has little patience for such trifles and snapped and snarled back at him!
We are signed up for some intensive puppy classes for the next month. Here's hoping the evil streak can be tamed. Irritatingly he still melts hearts and almost brought the Keswick Saturday market to a stand still with his charm and good looks. Grrrrrr.

3 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Hi Horatio
Can you believe that for the first nine months of my life Gail worried that I had bi-polar disorder!!!
When I was all, to use her words, 'over-excited' (i.e. normal for a WFT pup) she would shut me away in the 'sin bin' (aka the under the stairs cupboard)for ten minutes or so,to calm me down. She says that the idea was to stop me getting over-stimulated. She seemed to think it worked a treat. Although I don't remember getting any treats out of ...
I hope that Mandy and Scott don't think up such a dastardly trick for you.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.
PS We looked out for you on Thursday on Princes Street Gardens. Had a great run around anyway.

WFT Nobby said...

Oh, and I forgot to say PUUPY CLASSES ROCK!
(Never mind that Gail nearly had a nervous breakdown after the first one...)
BB.

Climbingmandy said...

Thanks for the heads up on the sin bin Bertie!